Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Thing


So I just got off of a double at work and my plans bailed on me. But thank the gods because my copy of John Carpenter's The Thing has arrived on Blu-Ray at my doorstep. I cannot rave enough about this film. It seems like John Carpenter could have saved his career if he just kept Kurt Russell in his films. I mean come on Escape from New York, Big Trouble in Little China, and The Thing are all really great campy, fun, and are all pretty much on my guilty pleasures list. Scratch that I don't even feel guilty for liking these movies because they are great. The Thing also has an amazing soundtrack by none other than Ennio Moricone (the composer of the Man With No Name trilogy's soundtrack), and great special effects for its time.

My rating for this film 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment