Monday, January 5, 2009

My Top Fifteen Films of the Year


So tonight I finally saw Slumdog Millionaire and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and I think it is fair to say that I have seen every major or important film released in 2008. It is hard to come up with a top ten list so I figure I'll go for a cop out and come up with fifteen. I have thought about it really hard and here it is!

15. The Wackness
14. The Fall
13. Burn After Reading
12. Happy Go Lucky
11. Milk
10. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
9. Synecdoche, New York
8. Changeling
7. Tell No One
6. I've Loved You So Long
5. The Dark Knight
4. Let the Right One In
3. Doubt
2. Slumdog Millionaire
1. The Wrestler

These are the best movies that were released this past year or so I think. The list is in no specific order, but if I had to pick a favorite I would say it was The Wrestler for its realistic portrayal of a washed up professional wrestler in a great performance by Mickey Rourke (pictured above).

No comments:

Post a Comment